Name : Ovi Sovina Ekawati
Nim : 102300914
Class : TBI C/ IV
Subject : Speaking
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF COCACOLA
Coca-Cola is a carbonated soft drink sold in stores, restaurants, and vending machines in more than 200 countries. Cocacola is one of the most popular soft drink in the world, so I will mention some of advantages of drinking cocacola for our life.
1) Psychological enjoyment of the taste. It is because the taste is good and make us relax.
2) To clean a toilet: Pour a can of coca-cola into the toilet bowl. Sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in coke removes stains from vitreous.
3) To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of reynolds wrap aluminum foil dipped in coca-cola.
4) To clean corrosion from car battery terminals : Pour a can of coca-cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
5) To loosen a rusted bolt : Apply a cloth soaked in coca-cola to the rusted bolt for sometime.
6) To remove grease from clothes : Pour a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The coca-cola/ pepsi will help loosen grease stains.
7) It will also clean road haze from car windshield
Beside of the advantages, it also has disadvantages for our life, such as:
1) Diabetes. soda and sweetened drinks are one of the main source of calories. It can be harmful if consumed excessively. (Interestingly, women who consumed a lot of fruit juice--which is high in natural fructose--were not at increased risk of diabetes, leading researchers to speculate that naturally occurring sugars may have different metabolic effects than added sugars. They also speculate that vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals in fruit juices may have a protective effect against weight gain and diabetes, counterbalancing the adverse effects of sugar).
2) Weakened Bones And Risk Of Osteoporosis. Studies have shown that regular soft drink users have a lower intake of calcium, magnesium, ascorbic acid, riboflavin, and vitamin A. It also shown between long-term regular cola intake and osteoporosis in older women (but not men). This was thought to be due to the presence of phosphoric acid.
3) Dental Caries And Erosion. The acidity can dissolve the mineral content of the enamel, making the teeth weaker, more sensitive, and more susceptible to decay. Soda's acidity makes it even worse for teeth than the solid sugar found in candy.
4) Kidney Damage. It's because of their acidity and radical mineral imbalances. Your body must buffer the acidity of soft drinks with calcium from your own bones. As this calcium is eliminated through your urine, it slowly forms kidney stones.
5) Increased Blood Pressure. Experts have reasons to believe that overconsumption of fructose, particularly in the form of soft drinks, leads to an increase in blood pressure
6) Dehydration. Another problem with sodas is that they act as dehydrating diuretics. Both caffeine and sugar cause dehydration. Caffeine is a diuretic and causes an increase in urine volume. High concentration of sugar is drawing off water because your kidneys try to expel the excess sugar out of the blood. When you drink a caffeinated soda to quench your thirst, you will actually become thirstier.
There Are So Many Healthy Alternatives.
۔ Water. Water is the best drink in the world.
۔ Tea. Any kind of tea - herbal, green or black - is rich in antioxidants, which were shown to protects the body form many health problems.
۔ 100% Juice. Fruit juice can be also useful for flavoring your water and teas.